Friday, May 7, 2010

Bridgestone update

(jpg) So, there it is. This bike has been so reliable and it still rolls down the road even after all the abuse ive dished its way. Yes it rolls down the road...... in the trunk of a car..... (sigh). I went down on my way to work the other day. At the intersection of StateOfFranklin and Market, a junction i pass through daily, i picked up a chunk of rusted steel debris in my rear tire as i was hopping up the curb. it slid as the air rushed out of the wound. the curb impacted that rear rim with a vicious force. My spd released at a retarded angle and my foot slipped. i went down. the bike went flying. i got up and carried the rest of the way to work. that rim is so bent that it doesnt clear the stays thus wont roll at all. looks like ill be on the Ripper a lot until i get around buying a fresh set of Gator Skins and getting to lacing up another Mavic.

No comments:

Post a Comment