Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 and a Fixie.... Really??


So, if you know me, than you have heard a fixie hipster rant or at the very least derogatory remarks fall from my lips. Well, here i am with my own fixie. I have a problem. I like it too much. I bought a super crazy cheap one, just to play polo and maybe ride some wheelies or whatever. Now I find myself building it up from a BMXer point of view. I've got barspins and variations down from my days riding freestyle. Wheelies are a bit easier to anticipate, adjust, and keep wheeling along. Keo Spins are a neat feeling. Other that a little riding fakie, keos are my first taste of fixed gear physics. You see where this is going. Now i have a fresh new outlook on urban riding. Gotta change it up sometimes. Keep the bicycle at large from getting stale and force a regret of being car-free. I can't let that happen. I gotta keep pedalin' one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment